Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Amma...We Miss You!


We try hard to run away and hide from the fact, but it's not possible. Fighting silent tears, wangling chocked up words and trying to hang on courageously fades away every night. Dad is trying hard to cope with his part, for me, for others. Bestow your love as you always did and protect us - angel of love and sacrifice. For you Paddu -
One calm, bright, sweet, sunshiny day, an angel stole out of heaven and came down to this old world, and roamed field and forest, city and hamlet. Just as the sun went down he spread his wings and said: "Now my visit is out, and I must go back to the world of light. But before I go, I must gather some mementos of my visit here."
He looked into a beautiful flower garden and said, "How lovely and fragrant these flowers are." He plucked the rarest roses and made a bouquet and said, "I see nothing more beautiful and fragrant than these; I will take them with me."
But he looked a little further and saw a bright-eyed, rosy-cheeked baby, smiling into its mother's face. And he said, "Oh, that baby's smile is prettier than this bouquet; I will take that, too."
Then he looked just beyond the cradle and there was a mother's love pouring out like a gush of river towards her daughter. And he said, "Oh, that mother's love is the most altruistic act I have seen on this earth; I will carry that, too."
With the three treasures he winged his way to the pearly gates, and lit just on the outside and said, "Before I go in, I will examine my mementos." And he looked at the flowers and they had withered. He looked at the baby's smile and it had faded. He looked at the mother's love and there it was, in all its pristine beauty.
He threw aside the withered flowers and faded smile, and winged his way through the gates and led all the hosts of heaven together and said, "Here is the only thing I found on earth that would keep its beauty all the way to heaven - it is the mother's love!"


0 comments:

 
Design Downloaded from Free Blogger Templates | Free Website Templates